Your first bash job
From ALICE Documentation
work in progress
The first bash job
About this walkthrough
This walkthrough will guide you through setting up and submitting a job on ALICE. It will be a simple Hello-World-type job using only bash commands without any modules. The focus of this walkthrough is on the workflow with slurm.
What you will learn?
- Writing a batch file for your job
- Submit your job
- Monitor your job
- Find information about your job
What this example will not cover?
- Loading and using modules for your job
- Compiling code
What you should know before starting?
- Basic knowledge of how to use a Linux OS from the command line.
- How to connect to ALICE.
- How to move files to and from ALICE.