Your first Python job
From ALICE Documentation
About this walkthrough
This walkthrough will guide you through running a job with Python on ALICE. It will be bit more than a simple "Hello World" programme. Here, we will use Python 3.7.
What you will learn?
- Setting up the batch script for a simple Python job
- Loading the necessary modules
- Submitting your job
- Monitoring your job
- Collect information about your job
What this example will not cover?
- Installing your own or special Python modules
- Running a parallel Python job
- Compiling code
What you should know before starting?
- Basic Python. This walkthrough is not intended as a tutorial on Python. If you are completely new to Python, we recommend that you go through a generic Python tutorial first. There are many great ones out there.
- Basic knowledge of how to use a Linux OS from the command line.
- How to connect to ALICE.
- How to move files to and from ALICE.
- How to setup a simple batch job as shown in: Your first bash job