Your first GPU job
From ALICE Documentation
About this walkthrough
This walkthrough will guide you through running a job on one of ALICE's GPU nodes. It uses TensorFlow and Keras to train a model on an example dataset using one GPU. You can find the full tutorial here: [Tutorial]
What you will learn?
- Setting up the batch script for a job using GPUs
- Setting up a basic TensorFlow+Keras job
- Move data to and from local node scratch
- Loading the necessary modules
- Submitting your job
- Monitoring your job
- Collect information about your job
What this example will not cover?
- Introducing TensorFlow, Keras or machine learning in general
- Installing your own or special Python modules
- Using multiple GPUs
- Compiling code for GPU
What you should know before starting?
- Basic Python. This walkthrough is not intended as a tutorial on Python. If you are completely new to Python, we recommend that you go through a generic Python tutorial first. There are many great ones out there.
- Basic understanding of machine learning is recommended. However, this is a kind of HelloWorld programme for TensorFlow. Therefore, you do not need prior knowledge of TensorFlow.
- Basic knowledge of how to use a Linux OS from the command line.
- How to connect to ALICE.
- How to move files to and from ALICE.
- How to setup a simple batch job as shown in: Your first bash job