From ALICE Documentation
- 8 Mar. 2021 - Maintenance was successful: Login node 02 has been expanded with an NVIDIA Tesla T4. The new GPU will be tested by us in the next few weeks. So, for now please do not use the GPU. After testing has been completed, we will release the GPU for general use and provide more information.
- 27 Jan. 2021 - Next Maintenance 01 Feb 2021: The next maintenance window will be on 01 Feb 2021. The planned work is outlined here (Maintenance). We expect ALICE to work without interruptions during the maintenance.
- 25 Jan. 2021 - Outlook for ALICE in 2021: We have updated the section outlining our expansions plans for ALICE in 2021 (Future plans). Two major items this year will be the addition of a new parallel file storage system and the expansion of the GPU nodes. But there is more on our agenda, so stay tuned...
- 08 Jan. 2021 - SURF HPC Workshops: SURF is offering HPC-related workshops on various topics. You can find a list of upcoming workshops (and more) on the SURF website (Link). Workshops of interest to HPC users are:
- Webinar Introduction Supercomputing
- Webinar Introduction HPC Cloud
- Using the Amsterdam Modeling Suite in HPC systems
- SURF Research Week
- 04 Jan. 2021 - Happy New Year: We wish all users a Happy New Year and all the best for 2021. We are looking forward to the exciting research and education that will be done with ALICE in 2021. Happy computing.
- 16 Dec. 2020 - Christmas/New-Years break: During the holiday period from Dec 21, 2020 until Jan 4, 2021 most of the system managers will be on vacation. This means that we will not respond immediately to helpdesk requests. However, we will act on emergency situations. The cluster will be running normally throughout this period without interruption or intervention from our side.
- 2 Dec. 2020 - TensorFlow update: The new default module is TensorFlow/2.2.0-fosscuda-2019b-Python-3.7.4
- 2 Dec. 2020 - SLURM note: Connecting to a node on which your job is running is only possible if your job is the only one running on that node.
- 2 Nov. 2020 - CUDA update: Version 10.2.89 is now the default.
- 19 Oct. 2020 - TensorFlow update: We have installed a new version of TensorFlow/2.2.0-fosscuda-2019b-Python-3.7.4. The module is not yet set as the default, so you have to load it explicitely. As soon as we make it the default, it will be announced here.