From ALICE Documentation
This section is used to announce upcoming maintenance and provide information before, during and after it. For general information about our maintenance policy, please have a look here: To maintenance policy
The next major maintenance window will be on 8 March 2021.
What are we going to do?
- We will integrate an NVIDA Tesla T4 GPU into login node 2. We have purchased two GPUs, i.e., one for each login node. We will start with login node 2 because there are generally fewer users on it.
What does this mean for you?
- We will have to take login node 2 offline in order to integrate the GPU.
- All active connections, screens or tmux sessions will be terminated.
- We hope that we can bring login node 2 back until noon.
- After a testing phase, we will make the T4 available and announce details on it use.
Do you have questions?
Please contact the (ALICE Helpdesk)