From ALICE Documentation
- 17 Nov 2021 - Leiden University network maintenance on 20/21 November: Maintenance on the network of Leiden University will take place on the weekend of 20/21 November. During this time ALICE will continue to run, but in total isolation, i.e., with no internet access. This means that you will not be able to login to ALICE and jobs cannot for example pull code, download data or access license servers. We will try to track the status of ALICE here (Next maintenance) during the maintenance, but University websites such as this wiki might not be reachable.
- 16 Nov. 2021 - Important update to partition and qos. We are working on a general update of the partition system of ALICE to improve the throughput of short and medium-type jobs. However, this update will require a bit more time for evaluation and testing. As an intermediate step, we have made the following changes. If you have any feedback or comment, please contact the ALICE helpdesk.
- CPU nodes: node001 and node002 have been taken out of the cpu-long partition and node001 has been taken out of the cpu-medium partition. As a result, node001 is now exclusively available for short jobs and node002 for short and medium jobs.
- GPU nodes: Node851 has been taken out of the gpu-long partition. As a result, is it is exclusively available to the short and medium partition.
- The time limit of the short partitions has been raised to 4h.
- Each login node has one NVIDIA Tesla T4 which you can now use as part of the testing partition.
- The number of jobs that users can submit has been increased on all partitions. Please check the page on Partitions for a details.
- 16 Nov. 2021 - New e-mail notification. The content of the e-mail that is automatically send out by slurm has been updated. The notification can now handle array jobs and it contains more detailed information on the performance and resources used by your job.
- 8 Oct. 2021 - Infiniband network back in operation. The broken Infiniband switch has been replaced and the Infiniband network is working again. You can make use of the Infiniband network again for your jobs on the CPU partitions.
- 8 Oct. 2021 - Node020 and node859 used for testing Node020 and node859 will be reserved from time to time to continue testing the new BeeGFS storage system.
- 30 Aug. 2021 - Node020 reserved to testing We have been working on the configuration of the new BeeGFS storage system. To this purpose, we have reserved node020 for running tests.