From ALICE Documentation
- 8 Mar. 2021 - Maintenance was successful: Login node 02 has been expanded with an NVIDIA Tesla T4. The new GPU will be tested by us in the next few weeks. So, for now please do not use the GPU. After testing has been completed, we will release the GPU for general use and provide more information.
- 25 Feb. 2021 - Next major maintenance window on 08 March 2021: Please have a look at the maintenance page for details on our planned work and how it affects you.
- 12 Feb. 2021 (Update 22 Feb. 2021) - SSH Connection Stability: If you recently started experiencing that your ssh connection is breaking up after a few minutes of being idle, please check the settings below for you ssh configuration for ALICE. If this does not solve the issue, please contact the ALICE Helpdesk.
- for Linux, MacOS, Windows using OpenSSH command line connection: Make sure you use "ServerAliveInterval 60" and "ServerAliveCountMax 3" to your ssh config settings.
- MobaXterm: Go to Settings -> SSH -> SSH settings and enable "SSH keepalive"
- PuTTY: Go to Settings -> Connection -> Set a non-0 value in "Settings between keepalives" (e.g., 60)
- 25 Jan. 2021 - Outlook for ALICE in 2021: We have updated the section outlining our expansions plans for ALICE in 2021 (Future plans). Two major items this year will be the addition of a new parallel file storage system and the expansion of the GPU nodes. But there is more on our agenda, so stay tuned...
- 08 Jan. 2021 - SURF HPC Workshops: SURF is offering HPC-related workshops on various topics. You can find a list of upcoming workshops (and more) on the SURF website (Link). Workshops of interest to HPC users are:
- Webinar Introduction Supercomputing
- Webinar Introduction HPC Cloud
- Using the Amsterdam Modeling Suite in HPC systems
- SURF Research Week