Getting Support on ALICE
From ALICE Documentation
Revision as of 10:35, 28 October 2020 by Deuler
The Leiden University provides support for users on ALICE and can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (mail request).
When you send ALICE staff an email or submit a request through our ticketing system, it’s important to provide the detailed information that will help us understand your problem and find the right solutions. This will save you time.
- Your name
- Your account/PI
Include All Job Information
If you are trying to run a job, please include the following information:
- Job ID
- Lines from your Slurm file or job submission request
- Any of the following that may be related to your problem:
- Error messages
- Slurm output or error files
- Portions of your code, for example, any libraries you install or import
Include Observations about Job Runs
Finally, please tell us if there are inconsistencies, such as:
- Did some jobs run on some nodes but not on others?
- Is the behaviour reproducible or erratic?
- Has the behaviour you’re experiencing changed recently? When?
If you are installing software
If you are trying to use or install software, please include:
- Name and version of the software
- Commands that give you an error
- Any error messages you receive
- A link to the website or GitHub repository you installed the software from
- A link to the installation directions